See Credit Details Below
Stay Ever Current: Subscribe today to https://bdia.pli.edu/
PLI’s blog edited by Clifford E. Kirsch on Regulatory Developments for BDs and IAs.
Asset managers today have a global presence and investment funds are built and designed with a view to cross-border distribution. As a result, legal and compliance professionals have an increasing need to identify and understand the legal framework applying to global investment funds. This program will target the regulatory framework and issues that are involved with offering cross-border services to non-US clients and foreign advisers offering services in the United States.
What You Will Learn
- The reach of the federal securities laws with respect to extra-territorial activities
- Current European regulatory issues including MiFID and AIFM
- FinTech and global investment funds
- ESG Regulation and Compliance
- Marketing shares of US funds abroad
- The impact regarding the growing trend of activist investing
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: An interest in global asset management issues.
Intended Audience: This program is aimed at legal and compliance personnel in the global asset management business. It is designed to be valuable to lawyers in law firms and global financial institutions.
Other Prerequisites: None
Advanced Prep: None