See Credit Details Below
This Video One-Hour Briefing will help you effectively plan for and deal with current and evolving issues in your next quarterly report on Form 10-Q. We will also help you get on the right trajectory to handle key topics and issues for your next year-end.
Please join Bob Laux and George M. Wilson, both workshop leaders at the SEC Institute Division, as they review key issues including:
- Getting cybersecurity disclosures right in light of the SEC’s 2018 Release
- Tax reform and SAB 118 disclosures – when must estimates go final?
- Reviewing and fine-tuning new revenue recognition disclosures
- Risk Factors – update or complete disclosure?
- Materiality in quarterly financial statements
- Example SEC comments on quarterly reporting
- Best practices for coordination with your earnings release process and the related Form 8-K
- Your Form 10-Q philosophy– complete presentation or update from Form 10-K?
- MD&A tips for the 10-Q
- Focus on robust SAB 74 disclosures for Lease Accounting and other new standards
- Forewarning for the impact of new accounting standards
- Going beyond the core disclosure requirements with qualitative and quantitative information
- Status of your implementation efforts
- When do you need to include the auditor’s review report?
- Getting a head start - focus areas for year-end planning
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: Attorneys and accountants who deal with reporting and disclosure and accounting issues, including In-house counsel, outside attorneys, CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff
Advanced Preparation: None