See Credit Details Below
With every year, new and notable developments emerge in copyright law that steal headlines and change the practice. Technological advancements create more platforms for creators and offer broader access to consumers for copyrightable content. Simultaneously, the laws governing copyright face novel challenges that are not always sparked by new technologies. Attend this foundation-setting program to understand the basic tenets of copyright law and learn some of the most current legal developments and experience why this area of intellectual property law continues to fascinate.
What You Will Learn
• Basic Principles of Copyright Law, including rights, ownership, registration
• Copyright Enforcement, including protecting copyrights, litigation, damages
• Notable copyright case law and their practical takeaways
• Intermediary Liability and the DMCA
• Emerging issues in music copyright, including the Music Modernization Act