See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
In this Workshop designed for lawyers and financial reporting professionals, our experienced Workshop leaders will use interactive lectures and examples to give participants the foundational knowledge and practical experience necessary to prepare and review the SEC’s periodic and current reporting forms for foreign private issuers, including the Form 20-F Annual Report and Form 6-K. Participants will build an understanding of the structure and sources of U.S. federal securities laws and gain knowledge of key SEC guidance and disclosure and reporting issues.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Address the requirements of Forms 20-F and 6-K
- Locate and utilize important sources of SEC reporting rules and guidance
- Understand the requirements for offering securities in the United States
- Prepare for upcoming proposed changes in SEC rules relating to cybersecurity, climate change and “de-SPAC” transactions and understand the areas that will be affected by those proposals
- Implement recent changes resulting from the SEC’s Disclosure Modernization and Simplification Project
- Identify special SEC reporting issues for foreign private issuers, including MJDS registrants
- Draft an effective Operating and Financial Review and Prospects (MD&A), while implementing the applicable SEC’s Disclosure Modernization changes
- Work with the SEC staff and understand and address their “hot-button” issues for foreign private issuers, including frequent comment areas such as non-GAAP measures, revenue recognition and segments
- Recognize key issues for foreign private issuers in the SEC’s domestic registrant system (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K)
What You Should Bring
To customize your Workshop and gain the most benefit from this interactive learning experience, we recommend you bring your company’s or a client’s most recent Form 20-F. If you work with a company that is not yet public, filings from a company in your industry are a reasonable alternative
Who Should Attend
This Workshop is geared to beginners or as a refresher for lawyers and financial reporting professionals. CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel, corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and others involved in the preparation of SEC filings will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current SEC reporting environment.
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: We recommend some prior experience with the SEC reporting process and use of the Instructions to Forms and Regulations S-K and S-X.
Advanced Preparation: None