See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
In this Workshop designed for lawyers and financial reporting professionals, our experienced Workshop leaders will use interactive lectures and examples to give participants the foundational knowledge and practical experience necessary to prepare and review the SEC’s Foreign Private Issuer periodic and current reporting forms, including the Form 20-F Annual Report and Form 6-K. Participants will build an understanding of the structure and use of the SEC’s guidance and knowledge of the key disclosure issues in the SEC’s periodic and current reports.
What You Will Learn
- Master Forms 20-F and 6-K
- Use all the important sources of SEC reporting rules and guidance
- Review changes from the SEC’s Disclosure Modernization and Simplification Rule
- Understand special SEC reporting issues for foreign private issuers, including MJDS registrants
- Write an effective Operating and Financial Review and Prospects (MD&A)
- Work with the SEC staff and understand their hot-button issues for Foreign Private Issuers, including frequent comment areas such as non-GAAP measures, revenue recognition and segments
- Understand key issues for Foreign Private Issuers in the SEC’s domestic registrant system (Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K)
What You Should Bring
To customize your Workshop and gain the most benefit from this interactive learning experience, we recommend you bring your company’s or a client’s most recent Form 20-F. If you work with a company that is not yet public, filings from a company in your industry are a reasonable alternative
Who Should Attend
This Workshop is geared to beginners or as a refresher for lawyers and financial reporting professionals. CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel, corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and others involved in the preparation of SEC filings will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current SEC reporting environment.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: CFOs, controllers and their staff, internal auditors, partners of public accounting firms and their staff, attorneys, general counsel, in-house counsel, corporate legal staff, investor relations professionals, and others involved in the preparation of SEC filings.
Prerequisites: We recommend some prior experience with the SEC reporting process and use of the Instructions to Forms and Regulations S-K and S-X.
Advanced Preparation: None