See Credit Details Below
The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) is at the top of most companies’ key risk areas. The DOJ and SEC remain focused on investigating violations and enforcement of the law. As more countries and international organizations ramp up their anti-corruption enforcement the need for effective anti-corruption programs grows. This program, taught by a faculty of leading practitioners, in-house counsel, and government officials, will give you the knowledge and tools you need to spot the issues early, develop workable risk management processes, plan and manage internal investigations, and implement effective compliance programs.
What You Will Learn
- A review of recent prosecutions and settlements by the DOJ and SEC
- Effective but efficient diligence on third parties
- How to deal with monitors
- Ethical issues in FCPA practice
- Hypothetical scenarios based on real-world challenges
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
CPE Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: A background in analyzing due diligence in investments and lending. Experience regarding developing, analyzing, testing, or monitoring compliance programs.
Intended Audience: Attorneys and allied professionals who want a firm grasp of the FCPA, anti-corruption issues, and related compliance programs.
Advanced Preparation: None