See Credit Details Below
The financial services industry is changing rapidly. The COVID-19 crisis and the resulting volatile markets have challenged and escalated technological development. Technology is revolutionizing securities trading, transaction clearance and settlement, and the provision of investment advice. This program will explore the legal and compliance issues arising out of the explosive advances in financial technology, including crowdfunding, blockchain technology and the use of digital assets, and the growth of robo-advisors, among others. FinTech 2020 will benefit in-house attorneys and outside counsel advising the financial services industry on technology developments affecting the industry.
What You Will Learn
• Discover the legislative and regulatory initiatives affecting blockchain technology and digital assets
• Get an update on crowdfunding and other capital raising platforms
• Examine the proliferation of robo-advisors, how they’ve performed during a volatile market, and the future of financial advice
• Learn the latest SEC guidance relating to the use of financial technology for trading and other activities
• Take a look at the expansion of blockchain technology
• Explore the cybersecurity and privacy concerns raised by the increased use of financial technologies
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Attorneys and allied professionals representing investors and financial services companies; government regulators, or in-house counsel at financial services companies.
Prerequisites: An interest in the laws governing the development and use of technology in the financial services industry
Advanced Preparation: None