See Credit Details Below
Law practitioners endeavoring to succeed as full-service providers for corporate clients must have a sophisticated understanding of insurance coverage. Similarly, those on the business side of insurance must remain aware of clients’ expectations in purchasing and maintaining seemingly pricey insurance products. Known (and unknown) liabilities could make or break a deal. Insurance markets have developed tools, including transaction liability insurance for breaches of reps and warranties to manage unknown risks in deals, and other tools to manage known risks. Similarly, the terms of your client’s D&O, general liability, or cybersecurity policies would strongly factor into how you advise them in litigation or other loss recoupment efforts.
Financial Lines Insurance 2022 was designed a survey course to guide professionals across the practice spectrum toward more strategic selection and uses of commercial insurance tools for their clients. Further, you will gain critical insight into recent changes in how the industry and the courts have come to view transaction liability insurance (RWI) for breaches of reps and warranties including challenges to risk allocation language. Last, participants will also be treated to a unique and engaging session on bad faith denial disputes.
This day of indispensable content prepared by an exceptional faculty will undoubtedly help support experienced practitioners, law firms and major claims professionals be the “full-service” providers sought by selective clients.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and help remediate weaknesses in clients’ insurance coverage
- Review key insurance products for today’s market
- Advise clients on proactively addressing potential business loss
- Guide clients on strategies to avoid unexpected outcomes from risk allocation provisions
- Advise clients on the use of transaction liability solutions for breaches of reps and warranties in deals
- Identify when coverage denials amount to “bad faith” denials
- Manage the paper trail from reservation of rights letters to final decisions
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: Attendees should have some familiarity with corporate governance and insurance coverage concepts.
Advanced Prep: None