See Credit Details Below
With the Congressional midterm election season heating up, now is a good time to review the rules relating to political engagement. Campaign finance primarily governs this area, but pay-to-play, gift and lobby laws may also be implicated under some circumstances.
Please join Patricia M. Zweibel, Counsel at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP for a discussion of timely topics, including:
- Having candidates and officeholders on company premises—how to do it legally
- When corporate executives fundraise on behalf of candidates—how to ensure your company does not make an inadvertent political contribution
- Pay-to-play implications from federal political contributions—what companies are affected
- Best practices for vetting contributions to politically engaged non-profits and independent expenditure committees
- Strategies for compliance
This presentation will include Chapter 3 from Corporate Political Activities Deskbook to allow you to become more familiar with federal campaign finance issues in advance of the Briefing. Updates to the Chapter will be discussed and highlighted during the Briefing. Participants in this One-Hour Briefing will be entitled to a 35% discount off the price of PLI’s Corporate Political Activities Deskbook.
Program Level: Overview
Intended audience: In-house counsel, compliance officers, outside attorneys, and others with responsibility for internal or external government relations compliance
Prerequisites: Interest in government relations issues and compliance
Advanced Preparation: None