See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
At this program, we will examine everyday issues of ethics and professional responsibility. Using a lively, interactive format, the attendees will get to vote anonymously on hypothetical situations where the ethics rules are involved.
What You Will Learn
Ethics rules that govern behavior in negotiation, including:
- When is it permissible to communicate with adverse clients, directly or indirectly?
- What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts containing express or implied misrepresentations?
- Protecting sensitive information and responding to opponent's probes for sensitive information
- Cross-border negotiation rules
- Earn two full hours of Ethics credits
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: This program will benefit every attorney and allied professional who negotiates. Whether you are with a small or "mega" firm, a corporation, in solo practice, or a government agency, knowledge of the ethical rules that govern behavior in negotiations is essential to the successful practice of law.
Advanced Preparation: None