See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
At this program, we will examine everyday issues of ethics and professional responsibility. Using a lively, interactive format, the attendees will get to vote anonymously on actual cases where the ethics rules concerning negotiation came into play and find out how the courts resolved them.
What You Will Learn
Ethics rules that govern behavior in negotiation, including:
• When is it permissible to communicate with adverse clients, directly or indirectly?
• What exposure does counsel have for participating in the negotiation and execution of contracts containing express or implied misrepresentations?
• Protecting sensitive information and responding to opponent’s probes for sensitive information
• Cross-border negotiation rules
• Earn two full hours of Ethics credits!
Intended Audience: This program will benefit every attorney and allied professional who negotiates. Whether you are with a small or "mega" firm, a corporation, in solo practice, or a government agency, knowledge of the ethical rules that apply to negotiations is essential to the successful practice of law.
Advanced Prep: None