See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
At this unique interactive program based on the video “Negotiation Ethics in Five Acts”, the faculty will review various everyday ethical scenarios in corporate practice while program participants "vote" electronically with the rest of the audience on the correct ethical responses.
What You Will Learn
Topics to be discussed include:
- Can you examine metadata in draft deal documents?
- Are you under an obligation to correct drafting mistakes made by the other side?
- When can you contact the opposing business people directly about deal issues?
- What happens if you inadvertently receive relevant information?
- Where is the line between puffery and lying?
- Do advance waivers address conflicts for transactional work?
- What obligations do you have when you disagree with a client decision?
- When may a company be reimbursed for work performed by in-house counsel?
Who Should Attend
All corporate lawyers, whether practicing in-house or in private practice.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: This program is intended for all lawyers in corporate practice as well as allied professionals.
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with corporate practice is advised.
Advanced Preparation: None