See Credit Details Below
Ethics for Commercial Litigators reviews the most complex ethics issues and relevant case law arising out of commercial litigation. Our experienced faculty will address the latest legal ethics developments in multiple representations, client confidentiality, privilege, the work-product doctrine and waivers, among other important subjects. This program continues to deliver key takeaways that litigators and allied professionals at all experience levels will benefit from learning.
What You Will Learn
• New developments in confidentiality, the attorney-client privilege and the attorney work-product doctrine (including disclosure obligations to third parties, the status of government pressure to waive, congressional legislation, selective waiver and inadvertent waiver)
• Dangers to lawyers in the heightened regulatory environment
• Current issues relating to multiple representation and conflicts of interest
• Attorney exposure to civil liability
• Whistleblower remedies for lawyers
• Recent developments impacting the “no-contact” rules and lawyer “dissemblance”
• Ethical issues posed by witness preparation
• Risks to lawyers arising from parallel investigations
• Current issues in electronic discovery
- Earn two Ethics credits
Intended Audience: This program will deliver key takeaways that litigators and allied professionals at all experience levels will benefit from learning.
Advanced Prep: None