See Credit Details Below
Join Cyrus Mehta, a leading immigration practitioner and ethics expert and founder of Cyrus D. Mehta & Partners PLLC, for a briefing about fundamental ethical rules, how they pertain to immigration practice, and considerations when ethical issues arise in the context of Covid-19. Cyrus will address the four C’s of professional conduct rules: competence, communications, confidentiality, and conflicts, as well as other key rules requiring attention by lawyers during Covid-19.
- Client representation, communications and diligence during Covid-19
- Competence, diligence and communication rules: basics
- Balancing attorney safety with client representation
- Handling filing deadlines and paper applications through remote work
- Defending against potential malpractice claims and disciplinary complaints
- Conflicts of Interest
- Basics of conflicts of interest analysis in the immigration context
- Covid-19 employment changes for the nonimmigrant worker
- Changing terms of engagement for additional Covid-19 related work
- What if the client is unable to pay the fee?
- Reviewing Rule 1.8(e) in the Covid-19 context