See Credit Details Below
This hypothetical-driven program features a distinguished faculty of general counsel from leading law firms, who discuss how conflicts of interest may arise in practice - along with the relevant ethical considerations practitioners should consider. The program engages audience members with real-world conflicts scenarios, prompting them to navigate the potential conflicts and ethics issues before them.
What You Will Learn
• Recent decisions and developments in conflict of interest law
• The applicable New York Rules of Professional Conduct – their relationship to the American Bar Association Model Rules
• Using the Rules, identifying a conflict
• Determining whether a conflict may be waived and developing an effective waiver
• Best practices based upon ethics and disciplinary opinions
Audience polling questions based on realistic conflicts scenarios
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Attorneys and other allied professionals who wish to gain a better understanding of how conflicts of interest intersect with legal ethics.
Prerequisites: NoneAdvanced Preparation: None