See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Using a series of hypotheticals illustrating “real world” ethics issues that arise in pro bono and legal services representation, participants will learn to identify important ethics issues and apply best practices to avoid them. Practitioners must always be keenly aware of conflicts of interest issues, and these will be addressed throughout the program in various practice settings.
What You Will Learn
By completing this program, participants will be able to better understand these ethics issues that arise in the context of pro bono representation:
- Who is the client?
- Confidentiality and conflicts
- Scope of representation: how limited scope representation works for law firm and in-house counsel
- Representing clients with diminished capacity
- Unauthorized representation
- Ethical issues related to language access
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit all attorneys engaged in pro bono representation working in law firms or in-house, as well as attorneys practicing in nonprofit and legal services organizations.
Program Level: Update
Advanced Preparation: None