See Credit Details Below
The assessment and management of environment, social, and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities has become a critical priority for boards, management, and counsel as a result of a growing recognition of the connection between ESG and long-term value creation, significant changes in investor expectations, increasing pressure from customers and employees, and the advent of additional legal requirements. This program, a must-attend for board members, company management, and in-house and outside counsel, will address the relationship of ESG to long-term value creation, the duties of directors with respect to ESG initiatives, the drivers of corporate adoption of ESG measures, ESG frameworks and standards, and best practices for ESG governance. Attend this program to better understand the significant recent developments that have led to the elevation of ESG as a key component of corporate governance and the practical changes companies are making to effectively respond to such developments.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Review recent trends in the ESG landscape: where are we now and where are we heading?
- Obtain practice points regarding ESG reporting, disclosure, and diligence
- Explore fiduciary duties of directors and governance issues with respect to ESG measures and related decision-making
- Learn how to navigate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and human capital management (HCM) considerations
- Understand what is driving investor and customer expectations around ESG factors
- Learn about how climate issues are driving ESG approaches