See Credit Details Below
This year’s Institute will focus on key issues for attorneys and allied professionals who represent elderly clients or clients with aging parents. Experienced practitioners will discuss fundamental and evolving issues such as Medicaid, nursing home issues and rights in the pandemic, best practices for elder law consultations and documents, will drafting, and ethical issues that frequently arise in elder law practice.
What You Will Learn
- Review of Medicaid eligibility rules and how Medicaid is adapting to COVID-19 in New York
- Nursing home issues and rights in the pandemic
- The elder law consultation: common issues and best practices for interviews and key documents
- Preparing for the end – wills and estate planning
- Ethics for the elder law practitioner