See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This year’s Institute will focus on key issues for attorneys and allied professionals who represent elderly clients or clients with aging parents. Experienced practitioners will discuss fundamental and evolving issues such as Medicaid, nursing home issues and rights in the pandemic, best practices for elder law consultations and documents, will drafting, and ethical issues that frequently arise in elder law practice.
What You Will Learn
- Medicaid update: fundamental review of eligibility rules, how Medicaid is adapting to COVID-19, and the new home care transfer penalty rules
- Nursing home issues and rights in the pandemic
- The elder law consultation: common issues and best practices for interviews and key documents
- Preparing for the end – wills and estate planning
- Ethics for the elder law practitioner
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for elder law practitioners, lawyers who represent elderly clients or younger clients with aging parents, and advocates interested in getting into this constantly evolving field. Experienced practitioners will explore developing issues and also will review elder law fundamentals.