See Credit Details Below
The third of three related programs, our expert panel of former Department of Justice federal civil prosecutors will discuss litigation strategy from the DOJ, relator, and defense perspectives.
The conversation in this Studio Briefing covers the settlement and assessment of damages in False Claims Act matters – how the DOJ calculates single damages, discussion of cooperation credit guidance and the application of that guidance, the roles of various parties to the settlement, the settlement of civil actions with parallel proceedings, and negotiation of the settlement agreement and scope of release.
What You Will Learn
• Calculation of Single Damages
• Application of Cooperation Credit
• The Roles of Relators and Affected Agencies
• Parallel Cases and Cases Involving States and Other Federal Regulators
• Negotiating the Settlement Agreement Language and Scope of Release
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.