See Credit Details Below
In this fast-changing environment, Boards must grapple with ever-changing expectations and responsibilities, including oversight of complex operational issues, risk management, board succession, executive compensation, disclosure and responsiveness to and communication with shareholders pressing different concerns. In addition, new laws and regulations, and pressure from institutional shareholders, have put new requirements on companies and on boards. Looking forward, what additional changes can boards expect to face? At this renowned Institute, leading corporate governance experts — directors, government officials, corporate counsel, and consultants — will share their perspectives on successfully navigating the fast-changing regulatory environment, and the steps boards will want to consider taking to meet these ever changing expectations and pressures.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, you will gain an understanding of
- the Board’s Role in Overseeing Privacy and Data Security Privacy laws, Data Localization, Cybersecurity and Beyond
- the ESG Landscape for Directors, including ESG reports, risks, as well as regulatory and investor expectations of Board expertise
- the evolving role and expectations of Boards and Committees
- criminal and regulatory enforcement concerns for corporate directors
- hot topics for Boards, including Rule 10b5-1 plans, benefit issues, PAC/Political activity issues, company culture, and risk management issues
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: Those sitting in the boardroom, in addition to experienced corporate and securities attorneys with responsibility for advising officers, directors and other senior company officials on their governance matters and issues.
Prerequisites: A background in governance issues, and advising Boards.
Advanced Preparation: None