See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Non-citizens facing removal are in need of competent and knowledgeable representation. Studies have shown that those without legal representation face a significantly higher risk of removal, regardless of eligibility for relief. There is an acute need for trained advocates to defend immigrants facing removal, and pro bono attorneys can help fill the gap. At this program, expert practitioners will provide a comprehensive, nuts and bolts overview of potential avenues for relief and best practices for defending immigrants facing removal proceedings.
What You Will Learn
- Breaking news regarding Biden administration immigration updates and new developments
- Representing children or victims of crime
- Representing the criminal defendant in removal proceedings
- The nuts and bolts of cancellation of removal
- Recent developments in asylum law
- Ethical issues and immigration law
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit new and experienced attorneys who represent, or who are interested in representing, non-citizens who are facing removal proceedings.