PLI “Safe Return” Policy for In-Person Programs
PLI has resumed live programming in both New York and San Francisco as well as our offsite venues. Learn more about our “Safe Return” policy to keep faculty, attendees, and staff safe and upload your proof of vaccination.
See Credit Details Below
The changes made by the 2017 Tax Act and the CARES Act, proposals made by Congress in 2021, and the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to transform the landscape for global M&A. At this year’s program, our faculty of recognized tax experts, including representatives from the Internal Revenue Service, will explore cross-border transaction structures and review tax planning considerations in today’s constantly evolving world.
What You Will Learn
- Hear experts discuss past trends and expectations for the global M&A market
- Identify opportunities and pitfalls when selling a non-US business
- Learn important planning considerations for cross-border spin-offs
- Explore cross-border issues and opportunities in the post-acquisition integration of target and acquirer operations
- Examine the mechanics of special purpose acquisition companies (“SPACs”), Up-Cs and tax receivable agreements
Program Level – Overview
Intended Audience – Law firm and accounting firm professionals, in-house tax professionals and government attorneys who want to study the tax planning considerations in structuring international M&A deals.
Prerequisites – An interest in exploring the nuances of tax planning in cross-border M&A.
Advanced Preparation – None