See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) leveled considerable impacts to the real estate industry and the real estate bar continues to address these challenges. This program is one of a series of Studio Briefings focused on key real estate practice issues that have been affected in novel ways by COVID-19. Featuring an informative discussion of bankruptcy in real estate and its impact by the pandemic, our expert faculty includes a retired bankruptcy court judge and three experienced practitioners sharing insights on topics such as, automatic stay and ipso facto clauses, workout strategies, rejection and assumption of leases, rent obligations and more.
What You Will Learn
- The automatic stay and ipso facto clauses
- Implementation of work-out strategies - Prepacks, Pre-negotiated and 363 sales, Credit bids, New value plans
- Rent obligations and rent abatement
- Rejection and Assumption/Assumption and Assignment of Leases - Landlord damages cap and impact on Guaranties, Tenant protections, Negotiation leverage, Designation rights
- Testing the limits of Section 105 and the power to do what is “equitable” - “mothball” orders
- Single Asset Real Estate Cases
Who Should Attend
Attorneys engaged in real estate and bankruptcy matters should find this program informative.
PLI’s Studio Briefings are on-demand video CLE programs that feature an intimate and engaging round table discussion format with legal and industry experts addressing a range of topics. Visit our landing page for our library of PLI Studio Briefings.