See Credit Details Below
Please note: this program does not offer legal ethics credit.
Developments in federal and state lobbying, campaign finance, and ethics rules create significant challenges in corporate compliance challenges, and if you practice in this field, it is critical to have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips. This comprehensive program, led by an expert faculty of senior officials from the Federal Election Commission, the Department of Justice, Congressional ethics committees, state ethics agencies, corporate compliance officers, and private practitioners, will walk you through the latest issues. From federal and state lobbying and pay-to-play laws to practical strategies for developing and running an effective compliance program, the program is a must-attend for attorneys and others representing political contributors, PACs, lobbyists, corporations, trade and membership associations, unions, and other political interest groups and activists.
• Developments in election law
• Creating effective compliance programs
• FEC and state ethics agency updates
• Recent case law impacting political activities
• Civil and criminal enforcement updates
• Pay-to-play, lobbying
• Tax-exempt organizations and independent expenditures
• FARA developments
• Procurement lobbying and foreign lobbying
• Featured Speaker and Networking Luncheon
• Breakout sessions for specialized topics
Registrants of Corporate Political Activities 2019: Complying with Campaign Finance, Lobbying and Ethics Laws and Corporate Political Law Compliance 2019 will receive complimentary access to the one-hour briefing Basics of the Federal Election Campaign Act 2019 presented by program Co-Chairs Jason Kaune, Jan Witold Baran, and Kenneth A. Gross on August 1, 2019.