See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Developments in federal and state lobbying, campaign finance, and ethics rules create significant challenges in corporate compliance challenges, and if you practice in this field, it is critical to have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips. This comprehensive program, led by an expert faculty of senior officials from the Federal Election Commission, the Department of Justice, Congressional ethics committees, state ethics agencies, corporate compliance officers, and private practitioners, will walk you through the latest issues. From federal and state lobbying and pay-to-play laws to practical strategies for developing and running an effective compliance program, the program is a must-attend for attorneys and others representing political contributors, PACs, lobbyists, corporations, trade and membership associations, unions, and other political interest groups and activists.
What You Will Learn
- Hear about developments in election law
- Learn how to create effective compliance programs
- Review FEC and state ethics agency updates
- Examine recent case law impacting political activities
- Receive civil and criminal enforcement updates
- Learn about issues involving pay-to-play, lobbying, tax-exempt organizations and independent expenditures
- Explore foreign lobbying considerations
Register and receive complimentary access to a preparatory One-Hour Audio Briefing on the Basics of the Federal Election Campaign Act, which will be presented by Co-Chairs Jan Witold Baran, Kenneth A. Gross, and Jason Kaune on August 4, 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys and others representing political contributors, PACs, lobbyists, corporations, trade and membership associations, unions, and other political interest groups and activists should attend this program.