See Credit Details Below
Corporate governance provides the framework within which directors and officers must operate in fulfilling their responsibilities. In-house and outside advisers are called on to provide day-to-day counseling and to address crisis situations in the corporate governance context. Our program will both highlight the fast-moving market, legal and regulatory developments that directors, officers and their advisers face, as well as provide practical guidance on how to address them.
What You Will Learn
• Latest governance trends for boards and each key board committee, including how to deal with current hot topics
– Board oversight duties after Marchand
– Living with CAMS
– GDPR, Brexit, trade wars, political uncertainty – the role of the board in addressing ever increasing challenges at their companies
– Latest thinking on board refreshment and diversity
– Executive compensation trends
• Preparing boards and management for increasingly demanding shareholder engagement
• Successful proxy season: getting to “yes”
• Featured Speaker: Commissioner Elad L. Roisman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
• Luncheon Workshop: Proxy Recap
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: This program is designed for experienced corporate and securities governance attorneys, officers, directors, senior company officials and allied professionals.
Prerequisites: A background in or an interest in advising officers, directors and other senior company officials on their governance matters and related issues.
Advanced Preparation: None