See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Many leading executive compensation experts agree that some of the most interesting and challenging issues in their practice arise in the context of privately held companies. This program is specifically designed to bring leading experts to discuss cutting edge advanced developments on compensation and other “reward” practices for the non-publicly traded company.
Private equity funds and portfolio companies, startups, and closely-held mature ventures, face relentless competitive compensation considerations which need to be examined not only through a commercial lens, but also through the ever burgeoning legal and regulatory landscape. While designed for private companies, public companies may still find interest in these practices to understand the legal and regulatory considerations driving the competitive forces at play in the search and retention of talent, and because their enterprises may themselves purchase interests in private companies.
What You Will Learn
- Leading practitioners’ perspectives on private company compensation
- Insights on turnaround management and performance improvement for troubled companies returning to solvency
- Advanced insights on Section 280G and “golden parachutes”
- Experienced views on the private equity compensation lifecycle and carried and similar compensatory structures
- Selected advanced issues associated with private company executive compensation in M&A transactions
- The latest legal, tax reform and other regulatory developments, cases and trends of interest
Who Should Attend
Executive compensation practitioners at law firms and in-house at companies as well as those business leaders at private equity firms and other privately-held companies—and those at public companies that may purchase private companies (or later sell them)—will enjoy a star line up of hand-picked seasoned experts in this special forum. Those interested in remaining current and ahead of the curve on compensation practices outside of the public company space will find the challenges of the issues discussed enlightening and penetrating.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Executive compensation practitioners at law firms and in-house at companies, as well as those business leaders at private equity firms and other privately-held companies – and those at pubic companies that may purchase private companies (or later sell them) – will benefit from this program.
Prerequisites: Some experience working with executive compensation in private companies.
Advanced Preparation: None