PLI “Safe Return” Policy for In-Person Programs
See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Consumer bankruptcy lawyers are the solution for millions of individuals facing financial difficulties. This half-day program will provide legal and practical information for both experienced consumer bankruptcy lawyers and lawyers who do not regularly practice in this field but are finding an increasing need to understand essential information in this area. The program will address issues that are not frequently addressed in consumer bankruptcy seminars but that are vital to a bankruptcy practice. The program will also feature a review of important recent cases and hot topics. The program features a dynamic group of panelists including Bankruptcy Judges, a United States Trustee, Chapter 7 panel trustees and experienced debtor and creditor attorneys.
What You Will Learn
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: identifying and developing strategies for attorneys’ unconscious biases in a bankruptcy practice; best practices for limited English proficiency clients at section 341(a) meetings
- Views from the Bench: what consumer bankruptcy lawyers should know about appeals
- Views from the Office of the United States Trustee: role of the United States Trustee and current issues
- Death and inheritances in bankruptcy cases
- Recent case law and hot topics
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for attorneys practicing in consumer bankruptcy law. It is also designed for attorneys who do not regularly practice in this field, but find they are increasingly faced with bankruptcy issues and need a condensed version of essential legal issues and practice tips.