See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Compliance and ethics programs are critically important to the success of any organization. Effective programs allow organizations to identify and mitigate legal risks and thereby prevent harm. With an increasingly tough enforcement environment, and greater demands for transparency and accountability from customers, employees and the government, an effective compliance program is no longer just “nice-to-have.” It’s essential.
The skills necessary to implement an effective compliance program are usually not covered in business school or law school. Whether you are new to the area or a seasoned compliance professional, PLI’s program will give you the tools you need to improve your organization’s compliance program. Our distinguished faculty, drawn from major corporations, academia, law firms and the government, can help you create or improve a program to increase employee awareness and decrease legal risk. Compliance and Ethics Essentials 2020 is highly interactive and includes case studies, practical tools and real-time benchmarking with peers.
What You Will Learn
- Recent developments, including guidance from the DOJ and cutting-edge, practical tools
- Interactive simulation of a real-world compliance challenges - and how you would handle them!
- Understanding the psychological and organizational forces that lead to ethical or unethical behaviors
- Cybersecurity expectations
- Employment law updates
- Encouraging reporting and investigating allegations of wrongdoing
- Best practices in compliance communications, training and tools
- International law and global compliance
- Legal ethics for compliance professionals
- Interactive simulation of real-world scenarios
- Luncheon with senior government official
- 1 hour of legal ethics
- Small group breakout sessions (Chicago only)
Who Should Attend
If you are involved in any aspect of corporate compliance and ethics, as a general counsel or other in-house counsel, a compliance and ethics officer or manager, an internal audit or human resources professional, a risk manager or outside counsel or consultant, this event should be on your annual calendar.
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Participants should have some understanding of corporate compliance, internal investigation protocols, or government regulation of corporate policy generally
Intended Audience: Compliance and business ethics officers, in-house counsel, human resources executives, corporate risk manager, outside counsel and compliance consultants
Advanced Preparation: None