See Credit Details Below
The practice of media and communications law demands the ability to respond to new challenges arising from digital and social media, and this program will address recent developments in First Amendment, defamation, privacy, intellectual property, newsgathering, right of publicity, reporter’s privilege law and more. Join an expert faculty of law firm practitioners, in-house counsel, government officials, and academics, and obtain the legal, strategic, and practical guidance needed to keep current in these areas of law and technology.
What You Will Learn
• Recent developments in electronic media regulation
• First Amendment updates
• Legislative, judicial, and regulatory developments in data protection and privacy
• Updates on reporter’s privilege and newsgathering liability
• Important intellectual property decisions
• Current issues in right of publicity law
• Recent developments in Section 230, commercial speech, and anti-SLAPP law
• International media law updates
Earn one full hour of Ethics credit in an interactive format!