See Credit Details Below
This One-Hour Briefing provides all the basics a lawyer needs to be conversant in and familiar with the Commodity Exchange Act and the regulatory framework for futures, commodity options, swaps, and retail foreign exchange.
Topics to be covered by Curtis A. Doty and Anna T. Pinedo of Mayer Brown LLP include:
- The jurisdiction of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC);
- Who are the registrants and what authority does the CFTC have over them? What role do the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulators have?;
- The regulation of swaps post Dodd-Frank;
- Commodity pool definition and status as a commodity pool operator; and
- An overview of recent changes to swaps regulation.
Program Level: Basic
Intended Audience: Outside counsel, in-house attorneys, government lawyers, documentation managers, compliance officers and bankers
Prerequisites: An interest in financial product design, regulatory reform, or transactions involving physical commodities
Advanced Preparation: None