See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
PLI’s Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute (CREI), led by Co-Chairs Elliot L. Hurwitz in New York City and Robert S. Miller in San Francisco, is the definitive course for practitioners handling sophisticated real estate matters. Our Co-Chairs recruit faculty from among the best of best in the commercial real estate industry across the country to provide up-to-date instruction in such key areas as financing, leasing, strategic deal structuring, and loan workouts.
This comprehensive program will cover necessary topics to guide attendees through complex legal and market trends, including the relative success or failure of recent strategies in negotiations. CREI’s incredible faculty have prepared unique presentations and gathered educational materials to help participants remain competitive in the field of high-stakes commercial real estate. Indeed, participants will leave better prepared than ever to be their clients’ top legal advocates and business allies, while earning two days of CLE credit.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the commercial real estate market from a nationwide perspective
- Draft key terms in complex purchase and sale agreements
- Negotiate strategic leasing provisions
- Mitigate losses from impending foreclosure
- Structure joint venture and other vehicles for commercial real estate transactions
- Prepare necessary mortgage financing agreements
- Maintain compliance with legal ethical standards
- Proactively manage construction projects (San Francisco only)
- Navigate the land use entitlement process (San Francisco only)
- Proactively address potential cybersecurity threats (NYC only)
- Responsibly manage how necessary personal data is collected and shared in commercial real estate transactions, including with third-party vendors (NYC only)
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit real estate transaction and construction attorneys, litigators interested in learning about real estate transactions, commercial landlord or tenant legal representatives, and real estate market analysts.
Special Features: Attendees of the NYC program can earn one full hour of Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection CLE credit
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: Background or working knowledge of commercial real estate matters.
Advanced Preparation: None