See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
This program will provide practical advice on the context and business realities around which cloud computing exists; key terms for cloud computing contracts; vendor and customer obligations and responsibilities associated with cloud computing services; the compliance obligations and concerns most important to potential purchasers; policies and procedures to help protect sensitive data in the cloud; transfers of data between cloud computing vendors; and the unique challenges that cloud presents in litigation. This is an opportunity to hear from professionals representing providers and purchasers alike, who will help you understand the unique attributes of cloud computing deals.
What You Will Learn
- How cloud computing technology works and the inherent operational risks
- How data security may be enhanced, or hampered, by using cloud computing facilities
- Critical factors to consider with respect to government or other third party access to data in the cloud and how the legal landscape is changing to address those concerns
- Practical and contractual remedies to help secure corporate assets and intellectual property
- Your options in contract negotiations with cloud computing vendors, and likely leverage points
- Navigating international issues, including the GDPR, when deploying cloud solutions
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
- Cyberinsurance discussion
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for technology and IP lawyers, in-house counsel and outside counsel, and all lawyers who need to be on the cutting edge of legal changes in IT law. Chief privacy and compliance officers and information security professionals will also find this program valuable.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: All lawyers and allied professionals who need to stay current on the cutting edge of legal issues relating to cloud computing technology. Business professionals, computer professionals and information managers who need to keep up-to-date with the dramatic changes in this area will also find this program valuable.
Prerequisites: An interest in cutting edge legal issues relating to cloud computing technology.
Advanced Preparation: None