See Credit Details Below
The cannabis industry continues to grow quickly, as does the legal industry supporting it. Firms of all sizes and attorneys in various practice areas are being asked to offer counsel and advice on regulatory compliance, large-scale disputes, national and international expansion, complicated corporate structures, and the development of domestic and global intellectual portfolios--all while managing the risk involved with operating a business that is still federally unlawful. You will learn about the legal landscape in the cannabis industry, what's hot in today's cannabis legal sector, litigation issues, and how best to develop a strong intellectual property portfolio. This program also has groundbreaking sessions on ethics and substance abuse. If you are considering serving cannabis clients or already do, this is a must-attend event on the legal and business issues you will confront every day.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the current cannabis landscape—in key states with regulated cannabis markets, the status and success of equity licensing programs across the United States, tax issues, and issues impacting multi-state operators.
- Understand the latest developments in this practice area – appellations and varietals.
- Understand the distinction between substance use and abuse, and how it affects attorney competence.
- Examine the intellectual property landscape and learn how an industry that is still federally unlawful can develop a deep and protectable intellectual property portfolio.
- Examine what litigation and disputes look like in this industry and consider alternative dispute resolutions and alternatives to trial.
- Understand ethical considerations behind representing a cannabis client.
Live program attendance includes a post-program networking happy hour.