Why You Should Attend
Our experienced faculty includes experts in insurance law practice and corporate insurance advisory/brokerage services who explain some of the most common insurance needs for any business. Starting with a brief overview of defined terms, the agenda then explores a range of insurance products and services, what they cover and some best practices for businesses when handling certain matters that may require notifying their insurance carrier.
What You Will Learn
- Business Insurance - Introduction / Overview
- What is Insurance generally? - First v. Third-party, Claims Made v. Occurrence, Coverage grants and exclusions, Indemnity v. Defense
- Relevant Insurance for Business - Commercial General Liability, Workers Compensation and Employers Liability, Professional Liability, Executive Management Liability (Directors & Officers, Employment, Practices and Fiduciary Liability, Property, including Business Interruption and Cyber), Umbrella / Excess Cover
- Process of Procuring Insurance - Underwriting Process
- Claim / Litigation considerations - Lawyers working with brokers, Notice and cooperation, Understanding reservations and defenses