See Credit Details Below
This program does not offer CLE credit in any jurisdiction.
We have been forced to grapple with several types of crisis over the last few months involving healthcare, economics, and civil discord. Running a law firm practice in 2021 is not for the faint of heart.
Law firms and lawyers were pushed to adapt quickly back in March of last year in order to maintain their firm’s culture via pixilated video conferencing and at times, awkward phone calls. But the most agile lawyers found ways to connect with clients and even to create new contacts. Some of these methods are new twists on older techniques, and others are brand new ways to market and communicate with impact. What happens when lawyers who rely on networking to build practices can no longer attend events, and when those used to holding annual seminars, are no longer able to shake hands?
Listen to some of the country’s leading law firm partners as they discuss how they’ve adapted and what they’ve learned, as we share our ideas of how to develop business in an unprecedented time. In this Briefing, we will address:
- How does one recreate or replace the important breaking-of-bread lunch with a client or prospect? (12 minutes)
- How can a firm work to uncover new areas and sectors to pursue? (12 minutes)
- How are firms able to continue to develop the business development talents of more junior lawyers, when training goes online? (12 minutes)
- How has the craft of strategic planning for practices or firms changed to meet short-term fluctuations in the economy? (12 minutes)
- What technology innovations are the most helpful in staying in touch with current clients and in marketing to prospects? (12 minutes)
Deborah Brightman Farone, Farone Advisors LLC
Timothy A. Diemand, Wiggin and Dana LLP
Partner in the litigation department and a member of the firm’s executive committee
Keith R. Fullenweider, Vinson &Elkins LLP
Co-head of corporate department and a member of the firm’s management committee
Gayle R. Klein, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
Co-head of the firm's Litigation Group