See Credit Details Below
On January 1, 2021, Congress voted to override the president's veto of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 (NDAA), enacting the most significant overhaul of the Bank Secrecy Act and related anti-money laundering laws since the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001. The NDAA substantially amends Title 31 and sets a busy regulatory agenda for the new administration's Treasury Department and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
We invite you to join Arnold & Porter LLP financial services partners Michael A. Mancusi and Kevin M. Toomey, who continue to help clients navigate BSA/AML issues, in a presentation where they will discuss:
- The new beneficial ownership registry and requirements [10 minutes];
- The enhanced whistleblower program [10 minutes];
- Information sharing and SAR confidentiality [10 minutes];
- Expanded subpoena authority for DOJ and Treasury over foreign banks [10 minutes];
- Increased penalties [10 minutes]; and
- Expanded duties and powers of FinCEN [10 minutes].
Program Level: Update
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, compliance, finance and other allied professionals involved in BSA/AML issues
Advanced Preparation: None