See Credit Details Below
In just one hour, this Briefing will provide you with a summary of federal candidate and PAC campaign law, as regulated by the Federal Election Campaign Act and administered by the Federal Election Commission.
Please join Jan Witold Baran of Holtzman Vogel Baran Torchinsky & Josefiak PLLC, Kenneth A. Gross of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Jason D. Kaune of Nielsen Merksamer Parrinello Gross & Leoni LLP for a discussion addressing:
- Introduction of key terms, major court decisions and enforcements – 10 minutes
- Federal Election Commission (FEC) overview – 10 minutes
- Contributions and expenditures after the Citizens United and McCutcheon cases – 20 minutes
- Registration and reporting by political action committees – 10 minutes
- Tax laws for political organizations, 501(c)(4)s and other organizations – 10 minutes
This presentation will include key chapters from the 2021 Program Course Book Corporate Political Activities 2021: Complying with Campaign Finance, Lobbying and Ethics Laws to allow you to become more familiar with the basics of Federal Campaign Law, “Dark Money” and the IRS regulation of federal campaigns in advance of the Program, or even if you are not attending the Program.
This One-Hour Briefing is offered as a primer for the two-day program Corporate Political Activities 2021: Complying with Campaign Finance, Lobbying and Ethics Laws on October 12-13, 2021 at The Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C., and via live webcast. Register for the program and receive complimentary access to this preparatory briefing.
Program Level: Basic
Intended Audience: In-house counsel, outside attorneys, board members, corporate officers, and other allied professionals responsible for the preparation of public reporting and disclosure documents
Prerequisites: A background in the preparation of public reporting and disclosure documents
Advanced Preparation: None