See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
The program will provide an overview of U.S. immigration law, including current developments and trends, and will be extremely useful to attorneys who are new to immigration practice, as well as those who need a refresher on immigration law or are involved in immigration policy.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of the U.S. immigration system and current trends
- The difference between nonimmigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent/green card) visas
- Family-sponsored visas
- Why immigrants are put into removal proceedings
- Protecting an employer from sanctions
- Unique ethical issues in immigration practice
Who Should Attend
The program will also be useful for attorneys in other practice areas who need to become familiar with immigration law in order to work with immigration counsel or undertake representation on their own.