See Credit Details Below
Every year, the Banking Law Institute reviews the year’s major developments in banking law and regulation, offering seasoned analysis and practical takeaways from experienced faculty drawing from industry, the banking bar and government. The program always starts with a panel featuring the regulatory voice, where senior members of various agencies share key insights on banking policy – a rare opportunity to hear from a range of authorities in a single panel.
The agenda then delves into a broader mix of emerging and recurring legal concerns shaping the bank and financial institution operations. This year’s program puts a considerable amount of focus on developments and regulatory updates in crypto-assets, digital banking and the application of blockchain technology in financial institutions. Discussions on the latest regulatory updates for foreign banking organizations, the enforcement actions and priorities for federal and state consumer financial services regulators and the m&a outlook for the traditional banking and emerging fintech industries will round out the program’s agenda. Join us for a current and informative day on the latest in this dynamic practice area.
What You Will Learn
- Regulatory Developments – Crapo Bill, Enhanced Prudential Supervision, CCAR and liquidity, NSFR, non-SIFI bank regulation, CRA revision
- FinTech Update – OCC FinTech Charter, Treasury Fintech Report, state regulatory initiatives
- Digital Banking, Crypto-assets, Blockchain – FSCO review of cryptocurrency, AML and crypto-assets, blockchain testing and implementation
- Banking and FinTech M&A deal activity and outlook
- Consumer Financial Services Update – Federal agency changes and strategic direction, state regulator’s role, emerging enforcement priorities
- Foreign Banking Organizations – IHC operations post-Crapo Bill, potential changes to internal TLAC, Cross-border governance and funding, CCAR, Volcker Rule
Who Should Attend
Legal, finance, accounting, compliance and related professionals operating in the banking arena should find this program informative.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Lawyers, finance and compliance professionals concerned with legal and regulatory updates should attend.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the major banking and financial regulatory controls and an interest in learning the latest legal developments and compliance priorities.
Advanced Preparation: None