See Credit Details Below
Banking Law Institute 2020 will highlight what attorneys need to know about the impact of the current health and economic crisis on the banking industry. This entirely new agenda was developed to address recent banking regulatory developments and the prospects of litigation as a result.
You will hear from experts from varying roles within banking law, providing a well rounded and high-value approach to sharing what attorneys should look out for in these unprecedented times. The faculty will provide their first-hand experience with the hottest regulatory developments, including the regulatory focal points triggered by COVID-19, the most relevant capital and liquidity developments, and the impact of the changes to the Volcker Rule.
Of note is the segment dedicated to litigation and enforcement in the financial services of CARES Act programs. What are the prospects of agency enforcement actions? Take an in-depth look at the Paycheck Protection Program and the prospects of litigation. The segment will also address quai tam litigation and the best practices at play.
With so many ongoing and ever-changing issues impacting the banking industry, this is not a program to miss. Legal, finance, accounting, compliance and related professionals operating in banking will this program useful.
What You Will Learn
- What is the impact of the health and economic crisis on banking?
- Analysis: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Learn about capital and liquidity developments
- Review changes to the Volcker Rule
- Potential changes to total loss-absorbing capacity (TLAC)
- CCAR, qualitative objections, and global market shock
- What changes have been made in the federal administration of consumer laws and regulations?
- Analyze the developments in the fintech regulatory framework
- Discuss investments in fintech
- New! In-depth review of the CARES Act
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Lawyers, as well as finance and compliance professionals, concerned with legal and regulatory updates in the banking industry.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the major banking and financial regulatory controls and an interest in learning the latest legal developments and compliance priorities.
Advanced Prep: None