See Credit Details Below
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
As we continue to see many new regulations from the SEC, PCAOB and financial institution regulators, we also continue to see numerous challenges emerge for the audit committee. If you are a director or member of an audit committee, or if you advise audit committees, this program will help you understand what is required of the audit committee, and those who advise them, in this rapidly changing environment. You will hear from an expert faculty of public company directors and audit committee members, lawyers and CPAs who advise audit committees, and government regulators who oversee the audit and financial reporting processes. Each panel will offer practical advice based on real-world examples to give you the information and tools you need to successfully perform and meet the many challenges facing audit committees and boards today.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The most important developments in the past year for audit committees, including SEC and PCAOB developments
- Continuing impact of the Dodd-Frank regulatory reform legislation on financial reporting and audit committees
- Dealing with the host of new regulations from the financial institution regulators – what audit committees and their advisors need to know
- Key accounting developments: important changes and GAAP/IFRS convergence update
- How to build and maintain strong compliance programs
- The audit committee’s role in overseeing risk
- Ethical issues arising when advising audit committees
- One full hour of ethics CLE credit
- Interactive panels
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Public company directors, audit committee members, lawyers, CPAs and other public company advisors will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current financial reporting environment.