See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Explore the emerging field of artificial intelligence law in this comprehensive PLI program. In its sixth year, PLI’s Artificial Intelligence Law program has been expanded and deepened in response to the continuing fast-paced developments in the past year. New use cases for AI and generative AI have spurred changes in the law, increased regulatory activity, and initiated broader societal discussions in the U.S. and abroad.
Legal and allied professionals aiming to stay abreast of this rapidly evolving field will benefit from a curriculum that marries legal theory with actionable insights. Expert speakers provide a nuanced understanding of the legal issues and topics ranging from data governance to administering AI policies in organizations to the intersection of AI and trade secrets.
The program examines intellectual property concerns, regulation, and liability associated with AI, and then shifts focus to the practical administration of AI within an organization and the resultant legal issues, AI agreements and remedies, and offers two Keynote presentations (available on the full on-demand recording). Learn from leading experts about the complex changes in the law, industry, and legal practice.
Those in attendance at the sold-out in-person program in New York City also participated in breakout networking lunch discussions based on session topics and a networking reception. Stay tuned for announcements about the 2025 program!
What You Will Learn:
At the conclusion of the program, you will have a greater understanding of:
• AI Intellectual Property Considerations
- Understand IP implications of AI model training and use
- Be familiar with the status of copyright protection for AI outputs
- Recognize the intersection of AI and trade secrets
• AI Policy, Regulation, and Litigation
- Be familiar with state, federal, and international regulatory activity
- Understand the legal issues related to the provenance of data used for model training and appropriate data governance procedures
- Be familiar with the different liability regimes that may apply to AI-enabled products and services
• Using AI in an Organization
- Be familiar with the practical applications of AI in legal service delivery, as well as concerns and limitation and how to manage risk
- Appreciate successful practices for administering AI policies in organizations
- Understand how legal ethics issues might arise from the use of generative AI
• AI, Agreements, and Remedies
- Understand competition and unfair business practice issues that can arise from AI use
- Consider how to re-evaluate standard contractual provisions to account for the nuances of AI
- Be familiar with how to develop and monitor AI systems for compliance with data privacy issues
Who Should Attend
Attorneys and allied professionals interested in the emerging law and legal implications of the development and use of artificial intelligence.
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: An interest in artificial intelligence law.
Advanced Preparation: None
Attendees of the live program said:
"Outstanding presentation in terms of quality and relevancy of the content and credentials of the presenters. Bravo to PLI for sponsoring quality CLE content and great presenters. Far exceeds anything I have experienced in my 35 years of practice. Thank you."
— Christopher A. Butler, Graham Holdings Company
— Michael H. Kerr, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
"So timely — thank you so much for this!"
— Ciera Logan, Roku Inc.