See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Appellate Advocacy 2018 will give you real-world insight into effective appellate advocacy. Attendees will learn about all aspects of the appellate process, from things to do (and not to do) in the trial court, to strategies and techniques for persuasive brief writing and oral argument, to how and when to seek amicus support, to the rehearing and certiorari processes. Attendees will also hear the "View from the Bench" - what judges find persuasive and effective.
What You Will Learn
- Strategic choices, and common issues to watch for, in the trial court
- How to be an effective advocate - both in brief writing and in oral argument
- Soliciting amici and preparing amicus briefs
- The rehearing and certiorari process
- The “View from the Bench”: effective appellate advocacy from the judicial perspective
Who Should Attend
This program will be of interest to attorneys who need to learn basic techniques of appellate litigation, experienced practitioners who would like to improve their skills in appellate advocacy, and in-house counsel who want to be able to better manage appellate litigation handled by outside counsel.