See Credit Details Below
This program will provide real-world insight into effective appellate advocacy. Attendees will learn about all aspects of the appellate process, from things to do (and not to do) in the trial court, to strategies and techniques for persuasive brief writing and oral argument, to how and when to seek amicus support, to the rehearing and certiorari processes. Attendees will also hear the "View from the Bench" - what judges find persuasive and effective.
What You Will Learn
• Strategic choices, and common issues to watch for, in the trial court
• How to be an effective advocate - both in brief writing and in oral argument
• Soliciting amici and preparing amicus briefs
• The rehearing and certiorari process
• The “View from the Bench”: effective appellate advocacy from the judicial perspective
This program will provide transitional Skills Credit.