See Credit Details Below
This one-day program will highlight the important changes and updates over the past year in disclosure requirements. The faculty will review SEC, executive compensation and corporate governance developments and provide an overview of the 2022 shareholder proposal season.
Experienced practitioners from law firms and publicly-traded and private companies will not just analyze recent regulatory developments, but they'll also discuss practical and useful best practices for professionals working with disclosure documents. From virtual meeting trends, to analysis of insider trading enforcement, attendees will receive a pragmatic and timely overview of key developments on annual disclosure requirements.
Cybersecurity risk disclosure developments will also be discussed, with an emphasis on trends in ESG and the impact of climate on disclosures. A thorough ethics segment will conclude the day, addressing the issues connected with whistleblower activity and the varying roles attorneys play when handling disclosure documents.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of the 2022 shareholder proposal season and expectations for 2023
- Recent SEC rule changes and proposals
- Trends in independent compensation committee advisers
- Identifying enforcement priorities and their impact on disclosure practices
- Review of legal ethics issues that may arise when preparing disclosure documents
- Appearing and practicing before the Commission: Rule 102(e) proceedings
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Attorneys, accountants, and others responsible for preparing public company disclosures.
Advanced Prep: None