See Credit Details Below
Stay current on disclosure requirements and developments affecting annual disclosure documents and proxy soliciting materials prepared by SEC reporting companies. Hear from the SEC staff and our faculty, who will focus on anticipated changes to the SEC disclosure regime, current “hot issues,” best practices, and practical pointers. Our faculty will discuss any proposed or final regulatory changes, plus domestic and international economic, political and regulatory developments. There will also be a focus on the impact of tax law changes on disclosures, results of the first year of pay ratio disclosure, cybersecurity disclosure, and trends in environmental, social and governance (ESG) disclosure. Regulatory developments, key areas of staff comment, staff review priorities and interpretations, disclosure drivers and best practices, and “must know” accounting developments affecting financial disclosures will be covered. We will also address ethics and whistleblower developments, as these matters impose even further challenges on both in-house and outside counsel.
This program will be of interest to attorneys, accountants, financial and compliance officers, disclosure committee members and others responsible for preparing public company disclosures and otherwise overseeing compliance with the securities laws.
- Practical guidance on drafting annual disclosure and proxy documents
- SEC, FASB and PCAOB developments affecting financial disclosures
- Disclosure developments reflecting the priorities of the new SEC chair and administration
- Updates on new and current hot topics in executive compensation disclosures
- Updates on disclosure effectiveness initiatives
- Practical guidance for holding a successful annual meeting
- Tips for interfacing with shareholders
- Ethical, regulatory and litigation developments
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit