See Credit Details Below
Alternative finance continues to drive significant engagement with the investment community. But it also raises many more questions than answers about what the future holds for marketplace lending, cryptocurrency and crowdfunding, including:
- Will Regulation A+ mature into the capital-raising potential many predicted?
- Will ICOs displace traditional capital-raising?
- Will SPAC offerings continue to boom?
- What's the role of CFPB, OCC and other regulators? Will Marketplace Lending finally have a principal regulator or will it continue to have its heels nipped by a patchwork of state and federal rulemakers and the courts? And what is the proper role of governments -- state and federal -- and the courts more generally in keeping the industry honest?
Join us for this one-of-a-kind program to hear from the leading industry lawyers, dealmakers, and federal and state regulators on where we are now and where we may be headed.
What You Will Learn
- Get Updates from Washington and State Houses on Developments in Regulating Cryptocurrency, Crowdfunding and Alternative Finance
- Review the Impact of the JOBS Act Seven Years Later on Crowdfunding and Capital-Raising
- Learn How to Execute a Proper Regulation A+ and Crowdfunding Transaction
- Review Best Practices for Executing SPAC Offerings
- Discuss ICOs After the DAO Report - Why You and Your Clients Need to Be Careful
- Consider OCC Special Purpose Fintech Charters and Other Innovative Initiatives
- Find Out About Efforts to “Fix” or Contain the Madden Decision
- Discuss Fund Structures and Issues with Investing in Alternative Finance
Prerequisites: An interest in learning about current developments in the law of marketplace lending, cryptocurrency and crowdfunding.
Intended Audience: This program is designed for in-house attorneys and outside counsel, and other allied professionals advising on financing and technology developments affecting the financial investment industry.
Other Prerequisite: None
Advanced Prep: None