See Credit Details Below
Designed to provide an advanced analysis of the private funds industry, this program takes a thoughtful and in-depth look at the most relevant issues faced by professionals in the industry. Panels will address the business of creating a fundraising strategy appropriate for sponsors, the varying techniques and mechanisms available to fund managers interested in ways to create liquidity and sources of capital, and best practices for avoiding SEC investigations into conflict of interests and disclosures. There will also be a discussion on the structures and considerations of upper-tier arrangements.
New this year are two panels dedicated to viewing the private fund industry through two nuanced points of view: that of the private fund manager general counsel, and that of the senior external counsel. The program has curated speakers from prominent private fund managers to discuss the legal challenges they face in today’s market, along with veteran law firm attorneys whose status as senior statesman in the industry will provide for a thought provoking look at how the industry continues to develop and grow. Such unique, and knowledgeable perspectives are ones not to miss.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the dynamics at work around fundraising of both closed-ended and open-ended funds
- Assess various techniques and strategies available to create liquidity
- Expose pitfalls to potential conflicts of interest, and know how to navigate advanced issues in conflict resolution
- Gain insight into the manner in which closed- and open-ended managers structure their upper-tier arrangements
- Anticipate the pressing legal concerns facing private fund managers